- Discover the wonders of the Northern Sierra of Puebla getting deep into the purest nature that surrounds the Magic Town of Cuetzalan.
- Enjoy the fresh air on your guided walks to the waterfalls and caves where underground rivers sleep.
- Stay in cabins runned by a Nahua women’s cooperative.
Price based on the travel season and number of people.
The Sierra Norte of Puebla offers incredible landscapes and the surroundings of Cuetzalan are no exception. On this trip you will enjoy fresh air and fresh water that will renew your spirit. You will have the opportunity to practice trekking, swim in almost virgin waterfalls and share time with a rural family. All this while enjoying some of the most beautiful magic towns in Puebla.
PRICE PER PERSON FROM $170 USD
|Double occupancy||$200 USD|
|Triple occupancy||$180 USD|
|Quadruple occupancy||$170 USD|
City of origin – Cuetzalan
No meals included.
Our meeting point will be the magic town of Cuetzalan. We recommend arriving before 6:00 pm so that you can enjoy this night quietly around this village. We can arrange to pick you up at the bus station if you arrive by bus.
Lodging in beautiful cabins managed by an indigenous women’s cooperative that will have all the necessary amenities.
NOTE: click on each day (icons from the left) to see the itinerary of each one of them.
Cuetzalan – Hiking, caves and waterfalls – Cuetzalan
Meal plan: B/-/-
At 9:00 am you will leave (after breakfast) together with your local guide, who will pick you up at your hotel, where your adventure begins in the wild. You will begin by taking a walk through a cave that features an underground river, a movie like experience!. Later you will continue your way to a river where you will take a walk to admire a very beautiful canyon and enjoy two waterfalls. Ideal places to swim. Afterwards you will discover the famous “pata de perro” pool where you can relax and appreciate all nature around you. At the end you will move to the home of a local rural family to be able to change to dry clothes and share with them a rich regional homemade meal.
You will return to your hotel between 3:00 and 4:00 pm.
Rest of the afternoon free and at 8 pm a tour of legends awaits you through the village to discover the main alleys, the Parish of St. Francis of Assisi and the Church of the Jarritos. Rest in cabins, to which you can get to just by walking from the village downtown.
Cuetzalan – Return Home
Meal plan: B/-/-
After breakfast (check out at 12:00 pm) you can return home. We can arrange for you to be taken to the bus station, if you plan to return by this means.
Two nights lodging in cabins, food and beverage described on the itinerary (B= Breakfast / L= Lunch / D= Dinner), transfer from your hotel during the second day excursion, experienced local guide, tickets, necessary equipment, tour of legends, taxes.
Transfer from the city of origin to Cuetzalan and viceversa, personal taxes, food and beverage not specified on the itinerary, activities not mentioned on the itinerary and tips.
Lodging in cabin with all the services and private bathroom.
What to bring?:
- Bathing suits or clothes suitable for getting wet
- Appropriate shoes for hiking and that can be used in water
- Backpack with dry clothes to change, water and a small towel
- Bottle of water to fill
- lots of enthusiasm and a smile.
- Be free of any cardiac disease
- Any bone fractures in the last 2 months
- Let your guide know about any health conditions such as diabetes, hypertension and asthma
- If you are under medical treatment or serious spinal problems, please indicate
- You need to have an average aerobic condition (be able to hike on a mountain of medium altitude level).
Escríbenos para recibir más informes de este viaje